Why in News?
The Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan launched an innovative initiative ‘Vidyarthi Vigyaan Manthan’ 2020-21.
- Popularizing science among school students of class 6th to 11th,
- Identify talent in the field of science and promoting the scientific acumen among the students,
- Identify Vigyan Jigyasu at National Level.
Launched by –Initiative of Vijnana Bharti in association with-
- Vigyan Prasar – an autonomous organization under the Department of Science and Technology
- NCERT (National Council of Educational Training and Research), an institution under the Ministry of Education.
- Government of India.
- Visits to reputed National Science Laboratories and centres.
- Enabling students to have a conversation with renowned scientists of the nation.
- Selected students will be trained by ITI professor and skilled people in the field of science.
- The candidates will be selected at school, district and national level.
- The student from CISE, CBSE or any other State Board of class 6th – 11th can participate.
VIJNANA BHARTI –
Previously known as “Swadeshi Science Movement” is a non-profit organization. It was founded by the scientists of Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore led by Prof. K.I.Vasu.
- It is a national movement for the propagation of Science & Technology among students.
- IT is the largest scientific organization having the longest chain of state units and networking institutions across the country. Currently has 23 states in India.
- Foundation principle is for the development of Swadeshi Science.
- To champion the cause of Bhartiya Heritage,
- To spread the awareness of the unique contributions of ancient Bharat
- Motivate young scientist towards greater creativity.
- To rejuvenate the Swadeshi Movement in this age of science and technology,
- Interface with government and other agencies for the development.
VIGYAN PRASAR –
It is a national institute for science and technology communication established in 1989 under the Department of Science and Technology. It regularly produces radio and television programmes in different languages. “Dream 2047”, monthly newsletter-cum-popular science magazines reaches 50,000 subscribers.
- Promotes scientific outlook in the society, and nurtures an interest in science.
- Development of software for various media.
National Council of Educational Research & Training set up to assist the central & state governments on academic matters, related to school education.
Set up – by Government of India in 1961, under the Societies’ Registration Act.
Director – Dr Hrushikesh Senapaty
- Undertake, promote and coordinate research in school education,
- Prepare and publish model textbooks, supplementary material, newsletters etc.
- Collaborate with the state, national and international organizations.
- Develop a ‘National Curriculum Framework (NCF 2005)’
- Training of pre-service and in-service teacher education.