Why in News?
Andhra Pradesh CM Y.S.Jagan Mohan Reddy launched ‘E-Raksha Bandhan’, aimed at creating awareness among the public on Cybercrimes across the state, through a video link on Aug 03, 2020, at the capital Amravati.
Launch of 4s4u.appolice.gov.in – web portal to provide information on how to deal with cybercrime, harassment, and issues about women’s safety.
Aim – to protect women and children from cyber and other crimes.
A month-long awareness drive is being conducted by –
- The Andhra Pradesh Police,
- Crime Investigation Department (CID),
- FM Radio,
- Cyber Crime Prevention Against Women and Children (CCPWC),
- Cyber Peace Foundation
Also, 50% reservations are provided to women in nominated posts and government contracts and various schemes – Amma Vodi, Vasati Deevana, Asara, Cheyutha, and 30 lac house sites are being registered in the names of women.
- Around, 1 lakh women, girls and the general public would be trained through ‘E-Raksha Bandhan’.
- Webinars, workshops, debates, essay writing, quiz and slogan writing competitions will be conducted every day on various topics from11 a.m.-12.00 noon.
- The telecast will be done on AP CID’s YouTube channel every day.
- CM laid out the steps to be taken to prevent crime against women.
- CM has passed Disha Bill which is awaiting President’s nod, though 18 Disha Police Stations have started working.
- Also, he applauded ‘Disha Police Stations’, and mentioned that 167 cases investigation has been completed.
- And, promoted the ‘Disha APP’ and also urged victims to complain via the app and in Disha Police Stations on harassment and cybercrimes.
The programme was attended by –
- Home Minister Mekathoti Sucharitha,
- P. Women Commission Chairperson Vasireddy Padma,
- Director-General of Police (DGP) Dr Gautam Sawang,
- Additional DG (CID) P.V. Sunil Kumar.
Also, on May 22, 2020, CM Reddy has launched Rs.1110 crores ‘ReStart’ – a programme to support the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) sector in the state.
Developed by – app is developed by the technical services division of Andhra Pradesh Police
Working – The app sends an alert to control room when a woman/girl in distress shakes (5 times) the smartphone, and also the women can send the SOS which will alert the nearest police patrolling vehicle. Also, they can press a button on the phone for the same.
Disha Act – state law passed by the Andhra government following an incident of crime against a 26-year old veterinarian in Hyderabad. As per law, the investigation into cases of sexual offences, are to be completed with 7 working days from the time of record, and the trial must be conducted within 14 working days from the date of filing of the charge sheet.
- The app was downloaded 50,000 times in 4 days.
- Also, 18 ‘Disha Police Stations’ under ‘Disha Act’ promised to boost the trials of crimes against women.
Amma Vodi –
Launched – June 10th, 2019
Flagship program which was originally a part of NAVARATANALU initiative which is designed to provide financial help to each mother belonging to BPL household, regardless of caste, creed, religion and region. This will enable her to educate the child from class 1st to 12th in all the following institutions –
- Recognized government,
- Private aided
- Private Unaided
- Residential Schools
Launch – April 28th, 2020 by CM Reddy
A student sponsorship program, it will help financially to the poor whose children are/ going to pursue college studies.
Scheme about – students belong to SC/ST/OBC/minority/Kapus/EWS/PWD will be provided with 100% reimbursement
- ITI Students – 10,000
- Polytechnic students – 15,000
- Degree Students – 20,000