1. What does Baudhayan theorem (Baudhayan SuIva Sutra) relate to?
(a) Lengths of sides of a right-angled triangle
(b) Calculation of the value of pi
(c) Logarithmic calculations
(d) Normal distribution curve
2. What is the Vedic name of river Ravi?
I Mahavira initially joined a group of ascetics called Nirgranthas.
Statement II The sect was founded 200 years earlier by Parsva.
(a) Both the statements are true and Statement II is the correct explanation of Statement I
(b) Both the statements are true, but Statement II is not the correct explanation of Statement I
(c) Statement I is true, but Statement II is false
(d) Statement I is false, but Statement II is true 4.
4. The chief opponents of the Aryans were the indigenous people of non-Aryan origin known as Panis and Dasas or Dasyus. The factor which enabled the Aryans to emerge victorious in the struggle against the Indigenous tribes was?
(a) lack of unity among the indigenous tribe
(b) better organisation among the Aryans
(c) superior military equipment of the Aryans
(d) cultural superiority
5. The term ‘Aryans’ denotes
(a) an ethnic group
(b) a nomadic people
(c) a speech group
(d) superior race
6. The ‘Oharma’ and ‘Rita’ depict a central idea of ancient Vedic civilisation of India. In this context, consider the following statements
I. ‘Dharma’ was a conception of obligations and of the discharge of one’s duties to oneself and to others.
II. ‘Rita’ was the fundamental moral: law governing the functioning of the universe and all it contained.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
7. Which term is used to describe the spread of Buddhism from India through South-East Asia ?
(a) Social mobility
(b) Cultural diffusion
8. Which one of the following Vedic God/Goddess depicts an association with the Sun
9. What is the correct chronological order in which the following kings ruled in India?
2. Mahapadma Nanda
4.Skanda Gupta ,
Select the correct answer using the codes g,iven below
(a) 1, 2, 3, 4
(b) 4, 3, 2, 1
(c) 2, 3, 4, 1
(d) 3, 1, 4, 2
10. The Purushsukta, which refers to the origin of caste, is found in the